Three Lake Association’s “Water Awareness Day”, a new event for 2014, is an environmental fair and fundraiser. Water Awareness Day will be held on July 12 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm at the Alden Train Depot in downtown Alden.
The fair will offer educational exhibits and fun hands-on activities. A suggested donation of $25 per family includes all of the exhibits, activities, door prizes and food. There will also be a silent auction and music. Proceeds from the fair will benefit TLA’s Science Education Outreach Program (SEOP) and other TLA projects.
Some of the exhibits at the fair will include:
- Fish Shelter Display, including full size fish shelters
- Michigan DEQ Flood Plains – An Enviroscape Model
- Macroinvertebrates – The bugs that keep the water healthy
- Marine Safety Patrol
- Fisheries & Wildlife Fish Trailer
- TCE Plume Display
- DNR Aquatic invasive species including the new Mobile Boat Wash
- Antrim Conservation District – Enviroscape Well model
- Blue Water Trail
- Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council
Door prizes and silent auction items have been donated by local businesses and area residents. Door prize winners will be announced throughout the afternoon.
“We invite people of all ages to come and learn about projects such as our fish shelters, invasive species, and local pollution issues,” explained Leslie Meyers, Executive Director of Three Lakes Association.
“This is a great chance to get to know your neighbor while learning about the importance of protecting our waters.”
To get your ticket now, please use this button, which will let you pay safely and securely through our PayPal interface.
Tickets are also available at the door.
For more information, please call 231-544-7221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.